Wednesday 12 January 2011

Research and planning: Film Noir


Despite the success of the past video, I analysed my contribution regarding the overall finished product. I realised that although I made contribution regarding filming, I lacked depth regarding camera angles which stifled the creativity aspect on my part. With this second video, "QuESt- Do it all for you", the beat is rather melodic and has a jazz inspired rhythm, which helps fit into the "film noir" type style I wanted, so I researched into the film style on youtube and found a video promoting still images from the genre. There are several detective style shots and the mise-en-scene represents this greatly. The type of attire being displayed and the secluded scenery, couple with props such as guns, have helped toward the planning and research regarding this second video.

No comments:

Post a Comment